A little game jam inspired by the Enemy Mind ship swapping gameplay, with some collectability and endless runner mixed in.
This one is just for external memory help, it was a short but sweet one.
May 2018 – June 2018
Created a tool to synchronize a big amount of item data from Google Spreadsheets to prefabs using the Banshee database for Unity. The game has some interesting proposals using AI (behavior trees and utility AI at the time) to make NPCs guide the gameplay organically.
In order to centralize my professional stuff a bit more I will use this space instead of Behance to showcase the projects I was part of.
Company: Elm Interactive
Nov 2017 – May 2018
- Working on a cancelled mobile game for a famous cartoon pet IP;
- Activities included UI implementation and polish, new features and bug fixes;
- Implemented 2D character pathfinding, reviewed the game camera;
- Developed parts of a multiplayer server to work along with Playfab.
Start a new life in a cozy island village full of adorable bears! Beartopia is a multiplayer game where you can chat with friends, shear sheep, harvest fruit, and ultimately build a beautiful, bustling community. Meet the quirky villagers–they seriously need your help. Train your family of bears to earn money while you are away. Cooperate with other players to rebuild the old lighthouse and other village landmarks.
Company: Spry Fox
Sep 2016 – Oct 2017
- Released Beartopia for the Google Daydream VR platform, an MMO with idle game features and cute 3D bears, using Unity for the client and C#/Mono for the server;
- Main activities included porting the single player prototype to a multiplayer game, server and client features, polishing and preparing the game for release;
- Also made efforts to unit test the server code and wrote Python and Bash scripts to help localizing the game and other server tasks.
So, here is the result of a spontaneous weekend game jam. The concept is not mine, but it is some kind of space “Risk” (the board game). To play first click a colored planet and then another one to attack it. Esc pauses. Enjoy!
So, another year, Global Game Jam 2016. Time was a bit short, it wouldn’t win a beauty contest but it was made with love. Rejoice in programmer graphics, evil game designer level and some awesome text.