Company: Bigpoint GmbH
Oct 2014 – Aug 2016
- Working on Farmerama, an award winning farm simulation game with 800.000+ MAU at the time, developed with Adobe Flash and ActionScript 3 for the web;
- Programmer on an Unity mobile game and researching porting Farmerama to Unity;
- Activities include client side implementation of seasonal content, game and processes improvements;
- Improved team and game performance by refactoring the icon system (more than 5.000 icons in the game).
This is another quick project I made some days ago as an Unity code sample. Programmer art, no sound yet. Here it is, Mantle Express.
Download Mantle Express (Windows)
Aeons that I haven’t written anything here, but I will try at least to post stuff that I make for history purposes. This is , a simple Pong game that I made these days as an ActionScript 3 code sample.
Download P.O.N.G. Command (Windows)
Easy to learn ;D
Company: Xmile Learning
Aug 2013 – Mar 2014
- Released Mistério dos Sonhos, a game for children from 7 to 10 years old;
- Hired and managed a team of 4 programmers to develop the game client with Adobe AIR and Starling;
- The game is sold directly to private and public schools, and over 30.000 children already have licenses to play it across the country.
Mistério dos Sonhos 1 – O Chamado dos Guardiões (Xmile Learning)
Mistério dos Sonhos 2 – A Máquina do Poder (Xmile Learning)
Mistério dos Sonhos 3 – A Grande Jornada (Xmile Learning)
After more than one year without touching a gamebook pet project, I decided to release its code under LGPL 3, so here it is, the Crossroads Engine (BitBucket).
Download Crossroads Editor (Windows)
AIR runtime (needed to run the editor)
The engine comprises a visual story editor and a viewer written in ActionScript 3, that allows creating “Choose Your Own Adventure” style of games, RPG character dialog trees or variants of interactive fiction. It allows the use of variables, conditions and images for the scenes. The viewer has a parser class that can be embedded in any project (respecting the license).
Let there be a story
Today I was going through some old files from a pile of CD’s full of mold, and then I saw something nice. I found two of the first computer programs I ever made, written in QBasic. They were games – or demos to be fair. After some scrubbing with QB64, I got some executables that play nice with Windows 7, and here they are (you need to extract the whole folder before running). They are silly, but they were made a loooooong time ago… more like 16 years ago 🙂
Download QBasic Nostalgia (Windows)
PS.: QBasic was pretty crude. Here is what the main character of Blades is made of: C6 bD10 bR11 R3 E1 U1 H1 L3 G1 D1 F1 bU1 P4,6 bD2 C9 L3 G2 D3 R2 U2 R2 D2 G5 R3 E4 F4 R3 H4 U3 R2 D2 R2 U3 H2 L6 bF1 P1,9
Creating something in Flash was on my to-do list for ages, this weekend I finally got to it and here are the results! This game does not even know the concepts of “game art”, “story” or “careful planning”, but it is playable and it was a lot of fun to develop. On a next round of studies I will take a look at character animations, high scores on a server and running it on Android and iPhone.
Download Bizarre Invaders (Windows)