Well, I couldn’t finish the game on time to submit it to the jam, but at least the time lapse video is kinda cool. I was not goofing off the whole time 😛
This video was created with Chonolapse.
I tried my best to finish something in 48 hours for the Ludum Dare 20, but unfortunately I don’t think that what I’ve done is good enough to submit. Saturday morning I had to work with other stuff and kind of lost the time today at noon. Couldn’t pull off an all nighter too, didn’t sleep very well during the week.
My idea was to make a gamebook in Flash with a nice story and some branching, put under control by the variables system I implemented. Loading scenes from a file, checking conditions and applying effects is working, but I wanted to make an inventory and a map too. I left the story and illustrations to be made after I finished the application, so… REALLY bad planing. Here are the screenshots of the unfinished app.
One thing I remembered quickly after starting: drawing pretty stuff is hard and time consuming. Next time I will try to make a better plan and keep my weekend really free.
This project is not game related but interesting since it involved apps in multiple platforms and hardware integration.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Sysmarine Adriatic is a control system for yachts which allows you to remotely access all the electrical devices on the boat, as well as your multimedia devices and an accessory navigation with nautical charts. The project included hardware and software, and the application was developed for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android tablets using Objective-C, C++ and Java. I was the software lead (and one of the founders) of the company.
This project is not game related but pertinent since it involved a tablet app and the integration with a backend for content and student management.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Deduca is a remote learning platform integrated with a learning management system which could download and display EPUB, HTML, PDF, video and audio content. Developed using Java for Android tablets and smartphones, also included a PHP server side to integrate with different systems and upload content.
Aug 2007 – Aug 2010
Taikodom and Taikodom: Living Universe were two versions of a brazilian MMO RPG with a strong focus in space combat, mining, crafting and corporation (guild) building. The first version was intended to the brazilian market, and was developed using C++ and Java for client and server. The second version, planned to be released internationally was developed using Unity, C# and SQL Server (Transact-SQL) for persistance. The game servers were shutdown on 2015.
My activities in this project included: