This one is just for external memory help, it was a short but sweet one.
May 2018 – June 2018
Created a tool to synchronize a big amount of item data from Google Spreadsheets to prefabs using the Banshee database for Unity. The game has some interesting proposals using AI (behavior trees and utility AI at the time) to make NPCs guide the gameplay organically.
In order to centralize my professional stuff a bit more I will use this space instead of Behance to showcase the projects I was part of.
Company: Elm Interactive
Nov 2017 – May 2018
- Working on a cancelled mobile game for a famous cartoon pet IP;
- Activities included UI implementation and polish, new features and bug fixes;
- Implemented 2.5D character pathfinding, reviewed the game camera;
- Developed parts of a multiplayer server to complement Playfab.
Start a new life in a cozy island village full of adorable bears! Beartopia is a multiplayer game where you can chat with friends, shear sheep, harvest fruit, and ultimately build a beautiful, bustling community. Meet the quirky villagers–they seriously need your help. Train your family of bears to earn money while you are away. Cooperate with other players to rebuild the old lighthouse and other village landmarks.
Company: Spry Fox
Sep 2016 – Oct 2017
- Released Beartopia for the Google Daydream VR platform, an MMO with idle game features and cute 3D bears, using Unity for the client and C#/Mono for the server;
- Main activities included porting the single player prototype to a multiplayer game, server and client features, polishing and preparing the game for release;
- Also made efforts to unit test the server code and wrote Python and Bash scripts to help localizing the game and other server tasks.
Beartopia for Google Daydream (Spry Fox)
Company: Bigpoint GmbH
Oct 2014 – Aug 2016
- Working on Farmerama, an award winning farm simulation game with 800.000+ MAU at the time, developed with Adobe Flash and ActionScript 3 for the web;
- Programmer on an Unity mobile game and researching porting Farmerama to Unity;
- Activities include client side implementation of seasonal content, game and processes improvements;
- Improved team and game performance by refactoring the icon system (more than 5.000 icons in the game).
Company: Xmile Learning
Aug 2013 – Mar 2014
- Released Mistério dos Sonhos, a game for children from 7 to 10 years old;
- Hired and managed a team of 4 programmers to develop the game client with Adobe AIR and Starling;
- The game is sold directly to private and public schools, and over 30.000 children already have licenses to play it across the country.
Mistério dos Sonhos 1 – O Chamado dos Guardiões (Xmile Learning)
Mistério dos Sonhos 2 – A Máquina do Poder (Xmile Learning)
Mistério dos Sonhos 3 – A Grande Jornada (Xmile Learning)
This project is not game related but interesting since it involved apps in multiple platforms and hardware integration.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Sysmarine Adriatic is a control system for yachts which allows you to remotely access all the electrical devices on the boat, as well as your multimedia devices and an accessory navigation with nautical charts. The project included hardware and software, and the application was developed for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android tablets using Objective-C, C++ and Java. I was the software lead (and one of the founders) of the company.
This project is not game related but pertinent since it involved a tablet app and the integration with a backend for content and student management.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Deduca is a remote learning platform integrated with a learning management system which could download and display EPUB, HTML, PDF, video and audio content. Developed using Java for Android tablets and smartphones, also included a PHP server side to integrate with different systems and upload content.