GRID Legends delivers thrilling wheel-to-wheel motorsport action. Create dream race events, hop into live races, experience a dramatic virtual production story, and embrace the sensation of spectacular racing.
Company: Codemasters – EA
Jun 2020 – Dec 2021
- Focused on network programming for the upcoming GRID Legends;
- Reimplemented the network transport layer and voice chat on the existing C++ engine to support cross play on PC, PS4 [Pro], PS5, Xbox One [X/S] and Xbox series X/S using PlayFab Party;
- Integrated platform specific features like PS5 leaderboards, Xbox friends list and leaderboards;
- Coordinated the migration of the server side to Azure and the implementation of the remaining networking features with other programmers.
GRID Legends (Codemasters – EA)
A small game based on Air-Sea Battle for the Atari 2600, just because.
AntiAir Squad on Itch.io
Pitching one against three in a race against the clock, this colour-soaked rasher of chaos is the ultimate team-based, feel-good game.
Company: Bossa Studios
Feb 2019 – Oct 2019
- Released Hogwash, a synchronous third person multiplayer game released on Apple Arcade for iOS, tvOS and macOS;
- Created a network library that isolates game code from network transport, matchmaking and topology, used in 2 released games and 5 game jam projects and supporting GameKit, LiteNetLib and Photon Realtime as transports;
- Worked with other programmers to implement game features.
Hogwash for Apple Arcade (Bossa Studios)
A little game jam inspired by the Enemy Mind ship swapping gameplay, with some collectability and endless runner mixed in.
Download ShieldsUp (Windows)
In order to centralize my professional stuff a bit more I will use this space instead of Behance to showcase the projects I was part of.
Company: Elm Interactive
Nov 2017 – May 2018
- Working on a cancelled mobile game for a famous cartoon pet IP;
- Activities included UI implementation and polish, new features and bug fixes;
- Implemented 2.5D character pathfinding, reviewed the game camera;
- Developed parts of a multiplayer server to complement Playfab.
So, here is the result of a spontaneous weekend game jam. The concept is not mine, but it is some kind of space “Risk” (the board game). To play first click a colored planet and then another one to attack it. Esc pauses. Enjoy!
Download void* DOMINATION (Windows)
This is the game Laura Lee and I made for Global Game Jam 2015, plus some extra developer hours to add sound and music, optimize a bit, make a proper ending etc. Enjoy!
Download Impromptu Jake (Windows)
Today I was going through some old files from a pile of CD’s full of mold, and then I saw something nice. I found two of the first computer programs I ever made, written in QBasic. They were games – or demos to be fair. After some scrubbing with QB64, I got some executables that play nice with Windows 7, and here they are (you need to extract the whole folder before running). They are silly, but they were made a loooooong time ago… around 1995 🙂
Download QBasic Nostalgia (Windows)
This project is not game related but interesting since it involved apps in multiple platforms and hardware integration.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Sysmarine Adriatic is a control system for yachts which allows you to remotely access all the electrical devices on the boat, as well as your multimedia devices and an accessory navigation with nautical charts. The project included hardware and software, and the application was developed for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android tablets using Objective-C, C++ and Java. I was the software lead (and one of the founders) of the company.
This project is not game related but pertinent since it involved a tablet app and the integration with a backend for content and student management.
Jan 2010 – Jul 2013
Deduca is a remote learning platform integrated with a learning management system which could download and display EPUB, HTML, PDF, video and audio content. Developed using Java for Android tablets and smartphones, also included a PHP server side to integrate with different systems and upload content.